May 17, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Pixie Hollow


After reading about, and seeing all the different methods of HDR photography out there, I kept seeing the same thing. Hopefully the same thing that many of you keep seeing with HDR photography. A very dynamic, colorful, and surreal image. An image with a very high dynamic range of light (HDR). But the thing that struck me the most is that Disneyland looks like this anyways. There seems to already be this surreal look to everything to begin with. So I thought to myself, What would Disneyland look like in HDR? Probably amazing, probably colorful, probably how it was supposed to look. This is my first HDR image at Disneyland. It wasn't planned, it was just the first spot that my friends and I had decided to shoot up. None of the colors have been altered or over saturated. This is the image tonemapped in photomatix, with some leveling in photoshop, that's it. Everything else you see is what you would have seen if you were there. Each exposure containing a different level of light of color. And when put together into one picture, you get a wide array of light, and color.

Pixie Hollow in Fantasyland, DisneylandPhoto by Kevin Crone

Comments (2)

On October 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Alissa said...

So pretty

 
On November 4, 2010 at 9:14 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Lots and lots of color! ;)