May 3, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Walt & Mickey


This has to be the best spot in Disneyland, period. I don't know how many times I have just sat here on a bench, eating a box of popcorn and drinking a soda. There is just so much inspiration in the park, but for some reason it seems to centralize here at the hub, at this spot. You have a great view down mainstreet, of the castle, and to the entrances to most of the lands in Disneyland. You can't sit here for more then a couple minutes without someone walking up to take a picture, or a family searching for a passerby (or resting onlooker), to help out in taking a portrait of their family. I first took this image with my cell phone on my birthday, the first day I received my annual pass. I knew I had to come back to take it again with a real camera! I just love the composition and relationship between the castle and Walt.

Hope you enjoy!

Walt & Mickey Partners Statue on Main Street in Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (7)

On May 17, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Anonymous said...

Kevin these pics are absolutely beautiful. They take your breath away. It is amazing you were able to take so many with no one else in the pic. D-land in your pics has such a beautiful hush quality. Congrats! You are off to a great career. Lots of love Auntie Di

 
On May 19, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous said...

WOW Kevin! Awesome! These photos are wonderful, Gram saw them too, couldn,t believe you took them...then I pointed out photos by Kevin Crone!!! How exciting. I love the tonecolors. Great job! Keep them coming. Gram and I wish you all the best with your current and future career moves. Love ya! Gram and Aunt Ellen

 
On May 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Auntie Di:
Thank you so much! It's easy to take pics with no one in them after everyone has left! :)

Auntie Ellen and Grandma Rita: I really was very excited when I heard you had showed Gram the pics. It really means a lot for her to see them. So awesome! Thank you so much for the comments! :)

 
On June 11, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi, a Disneyland fan here. Your photographs are awesome! The colors are so rich, I really enjoyed viewing the collection. Thank you for sharing them on the web.
RK

 
On June 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Thank you RK! Glad to hear you enjoyed them!

 
On November 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Unknown said...

I just toured through the May 2010 travel log of photos!! Cool Pics! I just started touring on this cruise recently and love your HDR photography of Disneyland, bringing new perspective to sights seen before & introducing sights not seen till then. Thanks to our creative tour guides!!

 
On December 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Thanks Delvin, you are awesome. :)