June 3, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Midnight Matterhorn


There is a basketball court inside the top of the Matterhorn. This has fascinated me since I first found this out. I imagine Tinkerbell ballin' it up before she takes flight for the fireworks. I'm sure she has a wicked jump shot. I mean, she has to, all that time in the mountain leading up to the show has got to give her loads of practice. But, enough about basketball, let's talk about the left track of the Matterhorn. Absolutely amazing. The best time in my opinion is to ride during sunset; the view is great. The Matterhorn is one of those rides you can't ride by yourself. You've got to experience the head jerking sensation of the Swiss Alps with your best friends. There is nothing like sitting in the back and watching everyone's head in the bobsled jerk in unison as the train barrels through the mountain. This might be the only ride in the park I don't have memorized. I blame that on the twisting path of the track, and the whiplash to my head. I just can't remember. Tink, we'll be sure to see you at the Draft.

The Matterhorn at midnight in Fantasyland, Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (2)

On June 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM , Alisha said...

I LOVE all of these photos! This is an amazing website. As a photographer, I'd kill to take photos of Disney that are on par with the photos on this site! Thanks for doing this!

 
On June 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Wow, Alisha. That is a huge compliment. Thank you! We are really trying hard to capture the magic of Disneyland through photography. Don't kill anyone for photography! ;) But don't stop shooting either! ;) I've learned over the years the more you do it, the better you get, and the more fun you have. Thanks again!