June 21, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Storybook Magic & Monstro


What's cool about HDR Photography is that every picture is literally several moments in time rather than just one. I like to think of it as time travel in a picture. But that is a whole other story. This picture was taken during the exact time my fellow photographers and I were speaking with a cast member. We had the privilege of meeting Pat, the Lead Cast Member for the Storybook Land Canal Boats. She immediately engaged us in a very meaningful and magical conversation. I love it when cast members talk about Walt. They always have some little tidbit of knowledge about him that I never knew. As we spoke with Pat, you could see the passion she had for The Storybook Canal Boats, and for Disneyland. She was very genuine, and real. We really appreciated the time she spent with us, and the time she took to make our day more magical. As we spoke, I remembered that I had changed angle on my camera, and forgot to take the picture I had set up. The sun was setting, and the lighting was changing quickly. So I glanced at my shot, and with one press of the shutter on my Nikon D90, it automatically ran through 1/180, 1/45, 1/10 shutter speeds. So as we spoke, the moment was created, and the picture was taken. This shot is very special, because it not only encompassed several moments in time to create an HDR, but it also encompassed the experience we had with an awesome cast member. Pat, these pictures are for you!

Storybook Land in Fantasyland, Disneyland



Monstro, Storybook Land in Fantasyland, DisneylandPhotos by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On September 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to see photos of the miniatures buildings along the canal...but I imagine you can't get them from a moving boat, lol.
Brad Day
bday789@gmail.com