October 16, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - You've Entered... The Twilight Zone


The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror dominates the skyline of the Disneyland Resort. Night or day it coerces attention, but night is when it really shines. With its black light glow and flickering Hollywood Tower Hotel sign, it conspicuously forebodes a disquieting fifth dimension experience. The evening I took this picture, ghostly clouds gathered in the subsequent sky. It was perfect. This is one of the many pictures I took. I invite you, if you dare, to step aboard.

The Hollywood Tower Hotel lit up at night at Disney California Adventure
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On October 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Cait said...

I like this because you can still see some of the stars behind the clouds. It reminds me of the intro video before you get onto the ride, where the rainclouds part just over the tower, making it seem like some strange phenomenon, which it is! I thought that was a neat touch. Plus the eerily bright violet light contrasting against the dull and dreary sky make it even more creepy... well done!

 
On October 13, 2011 at 8:52 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Cait! I was really trying to make sure I got those stars to stand out for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Thanks for noticing! ;)