November 4, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Awakening a Dream


Whenever I take a picture of the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, it usually means hours and hours of editing because I want to make the castle look as gorgeous as it really is in person. This is hard to do. I remember taking this photo a few months ago. It was well past midnight, and mostly everyone had made their way out of the park. Matthew and Michaela had gone off taking photos of something. It was just me and the castle. I set up the tripod, and got a few shots off of what I felt was something special. Just after the last release of the shutter, three ladies walked up pretty much out of thin air. I don't remember their names, but I'm pretty sure they were Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. They were very nice, and asked if I could take their picture in front of the castle. This happens occasionally, with the tripod set up, and a decent sized DSLR on it, I guess people think I know what I'm doing. ;) So I scooted them to a nice angle (so their faces weren't covering the castle) and took a group photo. I had a few minutes to speak with them about their day, and a little bit about photography and what Matt, Michaela and I have going on here at Tours Departing Daily. Apparently they had a chance to visit the imagineering offices on site (so jealous), and had a great day at the park. A short and brief, but memorable meeting. We parted, and I soon met with Matt and Michaela to begin our journey to the car. We boarded the tram, and to our surprise ended up in the same car, one row away from the three wonderful fairies, I mean ladies! They quickly began a conversation with us; it was as if they had always known us three all along. Disneyland does this. It has this way of bringing people together. I can't tell you how many "little meetings" the three of us have with people throughout our days of shooting at the park. It's these little meetings where people open up and actually act human, when they normally wouldn't in any other situation.

Sleeping Beauty Castle at night in Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (5)

On November 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Simple Home said...

Incredible photo!
Blessings,
Marcia

 
On November 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Thank you! Hope all is well. :)

 
On March 20, 2011 at 5:44 AM , Anonymous said...

This is one of many favorite one's AWESOME FANTASTIC JUST SUPERB BRAVO.

Andre R MICKEY Lambert (facebook)

 
On March 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Thank you! This is one of my favorites too! :) The castle is amazing at night.

 
On May 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Mitchell Press said...

I think that this, more than any other photo on TDD, gives me more goosebumps per square inch. Just awesome! If I may ask Kevin, what is the focal length of this shot? Looking to by a wide angle and this is about what I'm looking for on my full-frame DSLR.