November 6, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Nightfall Over New Orleans


New Orleans Square is truly one of my favorite places in Disneyland. Whenever Matthew and Kevin ask me where in the park I want to go, they already have a pretty good idea of my answer. I took this shot one night while we were escaping the crowds of Fantasmic!, which happens to be a wonderful time to find the New Orleans Square train station uncommonly devoid of its hustle and bustle. The lights were dimmed everywhere around the station for the show, and clouds were sailing through the night sky, illuminated by the full moon.

Disneyland - New Orleans Square Train Station
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (3)

On November 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Unknown said...

Nice photo, I love the clouds.

 
On October 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM , Cait said...

Goodness, this came out just perfectly. The way the clouds draw you further into the perspective of the station and the tracks; it all just flows so beautifully. The moon is in just that right spot too. And the colors and reflections on the (wet?) ground make it such a calm ambiance, almost as if you were the only ones there. I like sharing Disney with people, but sometimes it's nice to have areas of the park to yourself :)

 
On October 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Cait. It was really a surreal moment at the Park. It was a quiet moment shortly after the crowds had thinned from Fantasmic! Not too long after I took this a train came and we were sharing Disneyland once more. :)