December 15, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Christmas in New Orleans


I think part of what makes New Orleans Square so different than other areas of Disneyland at Christmas is its rich, jewel tone color scheme. I love the way those colors dance across everything in their reach, especially the ground. The night it rained while we were there, it seemed a no brainer to get a shot of the wet pavement glistening from jewel tone Christmas lights aglow. Every time I look at this picture I hear Louis Armstrong singing "It's Christmas time in New Orleans". Between Louis and Disneyland, I can't help but succumb to the joy they both give with a smile. Now all I need is a good ol' creole beat.

New Orleans Square lit up for Christmas at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On December 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Kelly Anderson said...

Beautiful... I love New Orleans Square. Actually, I love it more than New Orleans, which I visited recently! :)

I love living vicariously through your pictures. After moving so far away, it's the best way to see the beauty that Disney really holds.

 
On December 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Kelly. That means a lot to us, and really it's why we do it. It's a lot of fun taking the pictures and editing them, but the true joy of it comes from sharing.

 
On December 15, 2010 at 10:16 PM , Howard J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I loved "New Orleans" when we visited, unfortunately we practically ran through it. I only got a few shots, but for all the reasons you state I couldv'e spent quite a few hours there. Great capture in the rain it always adds so much to HDR.