January 18, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Magic Hour


Ah yes, I remember now. . . It was magic hour (but isn't it always at Disneyland). The three of us had just entered the park, and the sun was hitting the station just right. We kept pressing on anyway. I really wanted to take the picture, but it was busy, and I didn't want to stop and set up, because I am lazy! I just couldn't help it. Matthew and Michaela encouraged me to take the shot if I saw something I liked. So I set up my tripod, and just before getting my settings right, security comes over and tells me I can't take the shot. At least with the tripod anyways. We get this a lot. It gets very aggravating at times, but they are letting us in the park with some pretty beefy cameras. So I took the shot anyway, without the tripod, and still managed to convey the feelings I felt when walking into the park that evening.

Main Street Train Station at sunset in Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (6)

On January 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Jenn said...

this picture conveys exactly how I feel every time I walk into the park. I love it!

 
On January 27, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Awesome! :)

 
On January 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Sean said...

wow! how did you manage taking 3 bracketed shots without moving since they wouldn't let you use the tripod?

 
On February 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Well, if you check the settings for this shot, my ISO is cranked to 640, and my shutter is at 1/1000. So I basically stood as still as I could with a fast shutter to get all three actuations off in a short amount of time.

 
On March 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Why the fuss from security about using a tripod?

 
On March 10, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Apparently it is a tripping hazard for people, and they view it as "professional" equipment.

:(