January 20, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - A Night in Port for the Columbia


Seeing the Sailing Ship Columbia in port like this at night was an awesome, and seemingly rare, experience. Maybe it happens more often than I think, but it seems to always be somewhere back behind Tom Sawyer's Island* preparing for or having concluded Fantasmic! It felt good to see the ship at a well deserved rest.

*No, that is not a typo. That is what it will always be to me even though I have a great affinity for pirates. If you must know, it is also the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, not Tarzan the usurper's. I love bumping the Swisskapolka on the way to Disneyland. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I suggest you ask yourself: "Have I truly lived?"

The Sailing Ship Columbia in port in Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (0)