January 12, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Riding Off into the Sunset


So maybe the tram isn't riding off into the sunset. It's just parked. Maybe this isn't the picture you've all been waiting for. It's just the tram area. But maybe you appreciate it anyhow because you love the feelings you get from being at the Disneyland Resort. I don't have any particular affinity towards the trams themselves and I don't really enjoy waiting in line to catch one. I do love the experience though. As lacking in magic as it may seem, it's a part of the journey that is a trip to the original Magic Kingdom. Maybe the tram area isn't all that fun, but how many great conversations have you had or heard while there? How many children have you seen bury themselves into their parents in blissful exhaustion? Have you been one of those parents? Have you been one of those children? And just how many times have you been told to "stand behind the yellow line"? I bet you've lost count. I believe magic can be found in just about anything if you choose to see it. While the tram area may not seem to possess much magic, there are myriad feelings you experience as you stand there, waiting to board your last ride of the day. Joy. Contentment. Exhaustion. Sadness. Satisfaction. It's the place where you begin reflecting on the day of memories you've just made with your loved ones. Those memories that are the souvenirs we all take home from the park. Maybe that is magic.

Trams at sunset in at the Disneyland Resort
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (5)

On January 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH - You always manage to tug on my heart strings with your words. You definitely choked me up this time. I love this picture and all the memories that go along with it. And, I love your "words"! Disney needs to hire you!

 
On January 13, 2011 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous said...

I found this site on accident. Your pictures are utterly amazing. They make me long for my Disneyland days again. I constantly try to explain to my boyfriend what it is about Disneyland that just gets in you. I know that if I ever took him, he still wouldn't understand.

I'm glad to see this site. It's nice to know there are others out there who feel the same. Keep it up!

 
On February 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Anonymous said...

Disneyland will always be in my heart. Many of my fondest childhood memories with my family took place within its confines. I was one of those children buried in the protective warmth of my fathers arms as he carried me, exhausted, back to the tram (although it was definitely dark out, no way were my parents getting out of there with my older brother and i while there were still park hours to be had). I took my girlfriend there for her first time last year and, although she enjoyed it, she definitely didnt have the excitement that i had to see all the old and new attractions again. When i have children, they will know the joy that i did; that's a guarantee.

-Matt S. Seattle, WA

 
On March 4, 2011 at 12:18 AM , Miknbec said...

Can't help but hear the words of our god-daughter... "no, no beep-beeps". Before she was able to really talk, she expressed her desires to not get on the tram. Those trams will forever be our "Beep-Beeps". (It took us a while to realize that the "beep-beeps" were her way of referencing the 2 honks the trams make in response to what the rear host has said, when she herself had no words for it!)

 
On March 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Wow. I really hope that our pictures are half as interesting and moving as your stories. Thank you all so much for sharing. We love when you do!