March 16, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Creepy Old Crypts


I don't know if you've noticed, but there are several prominent ghosts who have retired here. Looks kind of empty huh? Don't worry, there's actually 999 happy haunts in this mansion. And of course, room for one more. As you round the corner, you'll come to the carriage that will carry you into the moldering sanctum of the spirit world. Oh and no flash pictures please! The spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights. Whew, good thing I didn't use a flash on this one. The three of us were so lucky one night to come across a cast member that allowed us a few minutes to set up and take some pictures. It was late, very creepy, very empty, and very spooky. Honestly, I have never experienced the Haunted Mansion quite like I did that very night.

Disneyland Haunted Mansion Hallway
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (7)

On March 16, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous said...

Oh, such an amazing picture. I planned on going late and using a friend's camera to take a couple shots just like this on my next trip. Looks like you guys beat me. haha

 
On March 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Alisha said...

Fantastic! We LOVE this one.

 
On March 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Kelly Anderson said...

This one is so cool! Are the cast members getting to know you guys by now? I can't imagine being able to set up inside of a ride like that without being chased off!

 
On March 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Kevin Crone said...

@Anonymous...Thank you. We got super lucky one night! What kind of camera are you borrowing from your friend?

@Alisha...Thanks. Glad you like it. I was a little unsure about this one after editing. I wanted a really dark feel.

@Kelly...I kinda am starting to think they are. A couple weeks later we were entering the Mansion again without cameras, and passed the CM who allowed us to take pictures the previous time, and he looked at us and kinda gave us a creepy 'Haunted Mansion' smile. I'm sure he remembered. Although by no means do we get any kind of special treatment! We ask nicely, and sometimes the CM's give us a go ahead, and sometime they don't.

 
On March 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Jennie said...

Another awesome shot. I'm going to pair this one with the shot of the statues at the end of the hall for a nice, spooky HM scrapbook page.

 
On March 17, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Kevin Crone said...

@ Jennie...Hey! Now there's a good idea! :)

 
On October 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Doug said...

Thanks so much for this shot! It is now my wallpaper. When there were ticket booths at the Park there was one a hundred yards or so from the Mansion gate and I asked the ticket seller when it was going to open. He said, "In FOUR YEARS!" That might as well have been forever to a ten year old. I've now been walking down this hallway for 42 years and every time I it takes me back to that day. Now I can be ten again every time I turn on my computer!