March 25, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Golden Gate


I had never been to San Fransisco until about a little over a year ago. Some very awesome friends and I took Pacific Coast Highway all the way up to San Fransisco on what became my very first official "Road Trip." We left Santa Monica around 5am, and finally reached our destination at 7pm in the evening! I was so excited to see The Golden Gate Bridge. The first thing we did was drive across and parked on a bluff near the bridge. If you were wondering, of course I brought the camera! My friends and I snagged a few shots, and then headed to the Japanese District for some pretty gnarly sushi. You can decide what I mean by gnarly! The next day we did some exploring at all the hot spots. We eventually found our way back to the Golden Gate Bridge. As a former Civil Engineering student, I find some sort of appreciation for the amount of effort and man power that goes into making any super structure. This bridge is definitely a monumental cornerstone in the human capability of construction. For it's time, it was a technological marvel, and still is to this day. So what do my friends and I decided to do on this structural masterpiece? Jump on it. Now, for those of you reading too fast, we didn't jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, we jumped on it. Yes, yes. Trying to time a picture of the four of us....in mid air.....jumping on the Golden Gate Bridge, takes a little bit of practice. Or exactly 927 tries. We even got some complete strangers strolling passed to jump in the picture with us! It was a great time. I think of these memories every time I walk through the entrance to California Adventure. It will be a sad day when they take it down, but also a significant mark in a new beginning for the Disneyland Resort.

Disney California Adventure- Sunshine Plaza
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (2)

On March 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Jennie said...

I ran back and forth over the GG bridge during the SF marathon in 09. The bridge was the best part of that not so great race. I will also be sad when CA takes it down. Great shot to remember it by.

 
On March 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Wow! Why was the race not so great? Thanks Jennie.