April 13, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Captain Hook's Galley


Every time I walk in Disneyland I have to visit the Disney Gallery. It's such a wonderful experience to view someone's time and effort displayed in all its wonder. One of my favorite artists is Jim Crouch. He has a unique style that really stands out. There is something about the blending of certain colors that really attracts me to his paintings. I really can't put my finger on it, but there is a true sense of fantasy in all of his pieces. In this piece, Jim Crouch captures the feeling of Neverland, and Captain Hooks Pirate Ship, in a fantastic array of color and tone. When I first saw it in the Disney Gallery I knew right away it was a Jim Crouch painting. Jim really does a great job capturing the mystery, magic, and dreamlike essence of Neverland.

Jim Crouch art, Captain Hook's GalleyArt by Jim Crouch

Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (5)

On April 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Jennie said...

I love Disney art. We have it all over the house (often martini induced on Disney Cruise Line auctions). The Gallery is one of my favorite places at DL.

 
On April 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM , Kevin Crone said...

LOL! That is funny. I love Disney Art as well. Haven't had a chance to grab that cruise though. :(

 
On April 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous said...

The coloring of the ship, reminds me of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate ship that was next to Skull Rock in Disneyland.

 
On April 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Kelly Anderson said...

Beautiful, as always...

Am I the only one that sees Mickey in the clouds?

 
On April 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Kevin Crone said...

@ Anonymous...Oh yeaaaaaah! Didn't know it was Chicken of the Sea though.

@ Kelly... I see it too! But I'm not sure how intentional it was? There are a lot of artists in the gallery that do something like that in the clouds, but it usually looks more intentional. Hmmmmm....Beats me. But I see it too.