May 25, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Captain's Quarters


With Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides out in theaters and all manner of swashbuckling afoot, I was feeling overdue for a piratey picture. This amazing scene can be found in the Pieces of Eight shop outside the exit to Pirates of the Caribbean. I had glanced at it before, but never really looked to see just how elaborate this theming is atop the shelves of merchandise. With the lack of light inside the shop, I had to set up the tripod, which drew looks from far and wide. A cast member came up to me to find out what had so taken my interest. When I shared this with her, she was surprised and confessed she'd never noticed it before. I'm still working out whether that makes me obsessive or not. I'd love to crawl up there and snuggle in those fancy pillows with a mint julep to think it over.

Disneyland - Pieces of Eight in New Orleans Square
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On May 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Alisha said...

Wow, I'd never noticed it before, either! Awesome shot.

 
On May 25, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Alisha!

 
On May 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous said...

So cool!! Now I want to go back and see it for myself. I love that shop...

 
On May 27, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Wanda said...

Thank you for your pictures.
They made me dream.

I live in Europe and can't really afford to go to WDW or DL now.
They help me wait the right time, when I saved enough money to go.