July 20, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Drawing Near to Fantasy


The entrance to Fantasyland over the Sleeping Beauty Castle drawbridge is one of the most magical places at Disneyland. It's also one of the most difficult to find empty. No matter what time it is, there is someone there with a camera. That fact alone really speaks to the beauty of this place. Staying once again very late, well past the official closing time of Disneyland Park, I was able to stand in front of a vacant castle, an experience that definitely drew me near to fantasy.

Entrance to Fantasyland from Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (5)

On July 21, 2011 at 12:03 AM , Alisha said...

This is definitely in my top 3 favorites that you guys have ever posted. I LOVE it. Beautiful!

 
On July 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you Alisha! This one was really fun for me. I loved the light reflecting off of the wood and couldn't wait to get it home to process :)

 
On July 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Amber said...

Love this picture! As usual you've captured more than just a building, you captured the soul of the place.

We were really blessed on our last Disneyland trip to be the first people up Main Street and the first into Fantasyland one morning. I have a wonderful snapshot of my daughter skipping up an empty Main St and one of her standing alone on the drawbridge, something we'll remember for the rest of our lives.

 
On July 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you so much Amber. We absolutely love hearing stories of people's experiences at the park and from the sound of it, that was a pretty magical morning. I can just picture the shots you must of gotten, so awesome. I hope to one day have the same opportunity when I have kids.

 
On December 22, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Tiffany said...

Going though the entire 12 Days gallery to pick my print, I kept finding myself drawn to this one. Everyone expected me to pick one from Big Thunder or maybe Jungle Cruise. Or a Holiday photo since I make a point of always going to DL for "sparkle time" - but in the end, this was the photo I chose. Can't wait to see it for real!