July 25, 2011

Working for the Weekend


It's only Monday and it feels like we're working for the weekend again doesn't it? Well we have what we hope is good news for you - instead of our usual single picture a day, all three tour guides will post a new picture this Saturday. Well not just this Saturday, every Saturday. Maybe that will help the weekend prevent the week from taking its toll a little longer.

Daily Photo Tour - The Throne Room


I had never, ever seen this room before until just yesterday. Do you recognize it? It's the handicapped viewing room for the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-through. Amazing right? I was completely blown away and completely in love. I've never been to Hearst Castle (something I hope to remedy soon) but this is just the type of thing I would expect to find there, not Disneyland. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a throne or not, having three seats and all. It sure has all the grandness of a throne. I could probably stare at it for hours and I did stare for a while, simply in awe. I sat in it too and it was surprisingly comfortable. I really love that Disneyland has so many wonderful surprises.


The Throne Room - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On July 26, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Anonymous said...

Arrr, but have ye seen the treasures behind the glass, makes a pirate drool

 
On July 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM , ~j said...

will you each post a picture of the same subject on saturdays? it would be interesting to compare your styles.

 
On July 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM , Matthew Hansen said...

@Anonymous - I didn't spend much time looking at that particular swag, but I will certainly be back for a closer inspection! :)

@~j - Great question! We will be posting pictures of the same subject at times so there will definitely be opportunities to see a little more easily how our styles differ or don't. We will have a theme of some sort every Saturday because there's nothing really all that special about throwing our usual hodgepodge up in a slightly higher quantity. We're going to make use of it to tell a story or communicate an idea for the most part.