August 21, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Standing at the Golden Zephyr


In the evening, when many of the attractions surrounding Paradise Bay close, there is a calm from those spots that would normally find guests shrieking with merriment and delight. The energy all focuses on the preparations for World of Color and the buzz from guests waiting for the fantastic water show is electric. We recently took a stroll through Paradise Pier as this was happening and I found myself drawn to the grounded Golden Zephyr. The area was completely vacant save one cast member. It really resonated the classic boardwalk theme with me, part of which I am certain came from the cast member's costume, which wonderfully reflects that feeling. The Golden Zephyr itself is an attraction that I love, not necessarily for the experience, but for its look and what it represents. The way the bluish light from the onset of evening brought out that sleek chrome on the zephyrs was really what I was drawn to most. I love the feeling of the Pier and really felt this scene captures it.

Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On August 23, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Anonymous said...

Love this photo. The colors, the time of day, very reminiscent of yesteryear's boardwalk experience. Great job to Disney for creating it, and to you for capturing it for those of us not lucky enough to have been there.

 
On August 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Aaron! Really gotta hand it to those brilliant Imagineers.

 
On September 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Brandy said...

I am a cast member and I work the Golden Zephyr! This blog post made my day. Its lovely t know that some guests really enjoy our attraction especially sinceit is a much smaller, understated one at that. Thanks again and have a magical day!

 
On September 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous said...

Matthew:
Great photo...the cast memeber in your photo is my son. I would love to get a copy of the picture for my personal scrapbook. Could you please conctact me at gina.mattern@siemens.com.
Thank You