October 14, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Atop the Spire


Even the crows around Disneyland are trying to jump in on the Halloween decor! Okay, I don't think birds are really that smart. I captured this little shot of Sleeping Beauty Castle and it amazes me how one little detail may change the course of an entire feeling or mood of a picture. Yes, the castle may be bright, pretty, and full of color, but that diabolical bird sitting atop the spire really gives the castle that ominous feel. At least for me. Or maybe it's the fact that I don't trust birds. Or maybe it's that birds seem to make everything appear to be evil and spooky. Smart, spooky, birds. Hmmm, I am seriously starting to rethink the title of this picture.

Atop the Spire
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (5)

On October 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Brad said...

It's Meleficent's raven! Searching for Princess Aurora!

 
On October 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM , A Fan said...

Your title is swell. And so are your pictures!

My addiction to your site grows daily ...

 
On October 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Brad, yes!

"A Fan", Thank you so much! Uh oh! Glad you are enjoying the pictures. :D

 
On October 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM , A Fan said...

Hey Kevin, I don't know if you will see this, but could I put in a secret wish to get some shots of Autopia some time? While you are in the car, and on the track? For example, the kissing cars? And/or shots of the billboards and little scenes along the way?

I imagine such shots might be technically difficult, but I would love some if you could get some?

Best Wishes,
A Fan

 
On November 22, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous said...

Tokyo Disneyland wanted to purchase our original Sleeping Beauty's Castle model from the WED 50's that Legend Fred Joerger created. Being a close friend of his and having done repairs on that model in 1982,it was an honor to create a new Sleeping Beauty Castle model for Tokyo Disneyland in about 1999. Rusty