October 21, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Main Street Checkers


I didn't take this photo during the fall, but during the end of summer. I felt it was appropriate though because of the harsh lighting that is flooding into the coffee shop. Its moments like these when the three of us are on a mission heading to some place in the park for sunset, and I can't resist stopping to take a shot. I've never sat and played checkers here in the coffee shop, but I always see younger kids patiently playing a game, while their parents get some caffeine. It's nice to see the younger kids stop for a bit and take in the little nuances of Disneyland.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On October 24, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Cait said...

I love this photo. The sunlight pouring in from the windows really enhances those late afternoon tones on the wood. The way the chair and the barrel with the checker board on it are positioned is really inviting the viewer to play a game!

I think it's great that you can still see kids enjoying a simple game of checkers. With all of the technology these days it's rare to see them without their faces locked onto a screen of some sort. So what a beautiful way to bring out a more relaxed aspect of Disneyland :)