November 27, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Deck the Frontier


Frontierland is so cozy this time of year. The dim, soft light glistening over woodgrain and garland is especially inviting. As a young boy, I used to imagine being a cowboy on the frontier. My parents even got me a little log cabin for Christmas one year. Sights like this take me straight back to those rifle shooting, boot wearing days when I would hold up in the back yard under attack from all manner of varmints. I would duck beneath the window and taunt them with all the cowboy slang I could remember from western movies and if that wasn't enough I would threaten to taunt them a second time. Of course, they were really no match for my straight shooting or my ten gallon hat. It's truly wonderful how simple things can spark those fond childhood memories and let us relive those cherished moments.

Deck the Frontier - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On November 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM , Alisha said...

We've been looking at pictures of the Frontierland Christmas decorations, and they're really my favorite in the park because they're so simple and rustic. Lovely photo!