January 17, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - A Changing Atmosphere


The changes that have taken place at Disney California Adventure have been phenomenal. There is a unique atmosphere that exists now that wasn't present before. I get excited just thinking about it. And to think, the few changes that have been made are a small portion of what is to come. As Mickey Mouse would say, "Oh boy." We are definitely in for an amazing journey.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure has been the first of the many changes to hit Disney California Adventure. The ride brings back several memories I've had growing up as a kid in the 90's watching Disney movies. The juxtaposition of Paradise Bay, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure create such a unique seaside atmosphere. I feel like, Paradise Pier is finally coming alive. The lands are beginning to blend quite wonderfully, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure, I believe, is the pinnacle achievement that has made this possible. The area is now rich with environment, and also serves as a great midway to entice people to move down and around the bay to experience the new eatery's and attractions that also have recently made their debut. What else can I say except, I love it.

Disney California Adventure - Ariels Undersea Adventure
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (5)

On January 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM , CaseyCBeard said...

Gorgeous! THE best shot of the entrance I have yet to see! Can't wait to have this as desktop wallpaper!

 
On January 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Thanks Casey! :)

 
On January 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Ryan A. said...

Awesome shot! Can I ask, how did you get this angle? It looks like the picture is from a straight-on angle, but I know the entrance sign is pretty high up. And I can't think of any higher elevations nearby it to shoot from...

But back to the picture. This is the first time I've really paid attention to the great details of the entrance. It's always exciting to see things from all of your perspectives and notice things I never did. Keep up the great work!

 
On January 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Thanks Ryan! You are correct, it is straight on and elevated a little bit. I started pretty close and wasn't getting the angle I wanted, so I started to back up as far as I could. I ended up all the way back on cement planter centerpiece that connects Paradise Pier, The Wharf, and the midway in front of Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

 
On June 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM , Robert Blair said...

That's true! Many things have changed and they turned out for the best. I'm very excited as you are. Thanks for this post!