February 24, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Elegance of the Riverboat


The Mark Twain is such a beautiful riverboat. I remember as a kid this enormous white giant moving ever so slowly through the Rivers of America, and now as adult, it's still pretty much the same thing. The only difference now is my sincere appreciation for its legacy, and nostalgia. It blows me away to know The Mark Twain in all the classic footage of Disneyland is still the same boat we board today. I find some sort of crazy connection with that. If I could go back. Oh boy would it be amazing. All of you real Disney die hards who've been going to Disneyland since its opening are very lucky people to have seen the park move and grow. I have so much respect for you guys. And I am super jealous.

Disneyland - Mark Twain
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (4)

On February 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous said...

LOVE this!! Thank you for what you do!

 
On February 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Drew said...

I don't remember ever having been on the Mark Twain, which always seems like a shame. Hopefully on my next visit I'll be able to correct that oversight.

 
On February 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Thank you!

Drew, You gotta get on it next time! It is an amazing boat, and the views are great!

 
On February 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Risingravity said...

I daydream about the park in the old days too. I've seen it change a little in my twenty-something years, but imagine forty or fifty years ago! I wonder what it would be like to walk through Frontierland with the ground as dirt and live mules, horses, and cowboys around. Imagine riding the Jungle Cruise before the Temple of the Forbidden Eye was discovered and the trees so much smaller! Disneyland already brings me back in time, but I would love to go back in its past as well.