April 18, 2012

New Excursions on the Horizon


We've been posting pictures of the Disneyland Resort for nearly two years. In that time, we've endeavored to share a few creative projects to supplement the hundreds of photos. We really enjoy those types of projects and will be posting them much more frequently, keeping you updated along the way. Something we have yet to branch out with, in the past two years, is sharing some of our non-Disney pictures. Recently the idea has persistently crept up on us, "Why not?" While we spend much of our free time at the Park, we do occasionally find time for other fun places and taking pictures is a habit we just can't seem to quit. This Saturday, for the first time, we will share a batch of photos from places outside the Disneyland Resort (they do exist!). This won't take over the website or change our daily posting of Disney photos. It's simply another creative outlet for us that we hope you will enjoy. There's a lot of beauty in this world and we want to share some of it through these excursions.

Daily Photo Tour - The Family Treehouse


Wandering through Tarzan's Treehouse is always a fun adventure. It doesn't matter how old you are, you still get to be a kid climbing a tree. Realizations like that somehow always bring me back to family. When I think about being a kid, I think about the fun I had, the bumps, bruises and scars I earned. More than that, I think about the shelter I was given by my family, their love and the memories that came from special moments reinforcing I truly mattered in this world. Somehow, this particular scene in the treehouse captures that notion of family for me.

The Family Treehouse - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On April 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM , Daveland said...

Looking forward to seeing your other photos!

 
On April 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM , funmamas said...

What wonderful news! I am excited to see your other photos!