April 15, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Farewell Flynn's


Last night was the last night for Flynn's Arcade at Disney California Adventure. I don't often espouse my opinion on such things but I truly wish Flynn's Arcade was sticking around. The awesome factor of this place is off the charts. For me it's one of the rare cases I feel immersed as soon as I walk in. What might be a faux movie set to some quickly becomes reality. Admittedly, I am a Tron fan and I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. The nostalgia of the games themselves, however, seems like it ought to be enough to warrant the space Flynn's occupies. Perhaps I'm complaining prematurely; maybe there's some grand scheme for Flynn's to be reborn in another part of the Disneyland Resort. That would certainly make this present, rambling complaint null and void. I fear that's likely not the case though. If you share my opinion, I bid you come bask with me in the warm neon glow, as we say adieu. Farewell Flynn's.

Farewell Flynn's Arcade - Disney California Adventure
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On April 26, 2012 at 5:32 AM , John D said...

Sad that its not going to be around, not going to DL till December, but was hoping to leave some quarters.