May 14, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Lunch on the Bayou


This was taken as we were having lunch one afternoon at the Blue Bayou. It was the first meal the three of us had together here. This was for good reason, as we were waiting for a special occasion coming up. Our plan however changed when we were invited to lunch by Dave of Daveland. It was our first time meeting and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable days we've had at the park. I think I can speak for us all when I say that the things we value most with our blogging and photography endeavors are the people that we continually have the opportunity to meet. People that seem to fit seamlessly into our lives as if we've known them for years. It's really what makes life worth while.

inside the Blue Bayou Restaurant in new Orleans Square, Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (8)

On May 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM , Tim --Disney4dad said...

It's one of the places you need eat at while visiting the park at least once. I made the mistake in going for dinner instead of lunch and had to settle for File Minion instead of the fabulous Monte Cristo sandwich. And make reservations first thing in the morning!!!

 
On May 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM , B said...

This is gorgeous. We eat there as well and it's a highlight of our trips.

 
On May 15, 2012 at 6:49 AM , Terry said...

I don't think I've ever seen the Bayou captured so beautifully. Amazing picture Michaela! Anyone who hasn't experienced a meal at the Bayou, should try it at least once if they can. The food is great..especially the Monte Cristo's, but the atmosphere it what makes it so special. Thanks for all you you do to share the Disney love.

 
On May 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM , Unknown said...

I always love the Blue Bayou atmosphere, and this captures it perfectly. Great shot!

 
On May 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Laurie said...

Another stunning photo! You never cease to amaze me. Thank you for sharing your talents.

 
On May 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Daveland said...

Wow...I can taste the Monte Cristo and hear the crickets chirping. I love seeing the ripple in the water from the boats.

 
On May 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM , Anonymous said...

I actually happened upon your site when I stumbled upon Dave's in a simple search for DL blogs. I am in Hawaii so can't visit Disneyland as often as I would like. Thank you for sharing these amazing photos. You are all extremely talented.

 
On May 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM , GaryBCarter said...

I love this, also the Date as well, My Birthday is May 14th and we had lunch at the Blue Bayou on May 14 2009, neat that this pic was posted on my BD in 2012. Great Photography.