May 2, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - A Noble Steed


I don't know if all the horses of King Arthur's Carrousel have names. I imagine they must with the amazing workmanship present in each one. This horse has a name, Jingles, after the beautiful jingle bells that adorn it. I've read that this was Walt's favorite horse and that really wouldn't surprise me. If I've learned anything about Walt's Park it's that he wouldn't settle for anything that wasn't beautifully detailed. If you look closely you'll notice nods to Mary Poppins. That's because this horse was dedicated to Julie Andrews back in 2008. Disneyland is not a museum, I know that. But I sure love the nostalgia.


A Noble Steed - Jingles at the Disneyland Carrousel
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On May 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM , Bella♥Storia said...

Oh my goodness! This has ALWAYS been my favorite horse, too! I remember going to Disneyland as a child and waiting and watching to see where this horse would end up once the carrousel slowed down. How many kids I shoved from the sidelines for this horse...
Okay, not really. Thanks for sharing a little bit of history with this photo. I had no idea about it's name or being Walt's favorite.

 
On May 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Charla said...

I love the nostalgia, too, and your pictures capture that with great warmth and heart. This is a beautiful photo of Jingles.

 
On May 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous said...

Matthew If you read about the history of WALD DISNEY you will know that WALT found that CAROUSEL in and old warehouse in NEW JERSEY and had it brought back to DISNEYLAND FOR THE PARK CAROUSEL.

 
On November 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful thanks you!