May 16, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Room at the Station


The New Orleans Square station and the greater area really take on new life at night. The air is thick with mystery and romance. The quiet tapping of Walt's speech carries softly from the station. The trickling flow of a brightly lit fountain muffles excited, nervous banter from the queue of the Haunted Mansion. We spent quite a while here one Saturday evening not long ago, near the Haunted Mansion FastPass area, and it remained predominantly vacant. It was strange to watch the train come and go with the transition of but a few souls.


Room at the Station - New Orleans Square at night, Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On May 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM , Anonymous said...

Nice one Matt ! One of my favorite places in the park, Rob (DRR)

 
On May 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Unknown said...

Great shot! On my trips there, I always enjoyed the atmosphere around that station, especially at night. This reminds me why I enjoyed it.

 
On May 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Daveland said...

I love this station and especially the building across the tracks which was once accessible to guests in its original location. Great job!

 
On May 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM , rusty said...

This has got to be one of the most beautiful DL shots I've ever seen (and I've seen 'em all). Just fabulous.