May 6, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - To the Frontiers of America


I love rounding the corner from Adventureland into Frontierland. When I was a little boy, I had a small log cabin that looked a lot like the siding of the Pioneer Mercantile. Along with that, my grandparents bought me a custom sign that read, "Fort Matthew". That sign was lost somewhere along the way of growing up and I miss it, but this sign that marks the entrance to the frontiers of America reminds me of it and all the time I spent imagining I was like Davy Crockett, king of my wild frontier... or the backyard anyway.


To the Frontiers of America - Frontierland at night - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On May 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Elaine Schallock said...

AWESOME shot Matthew. The lighting and mood is great on this one.

 
On May 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Daveland said...

2 Thumbs up on this one! I have always liked this little crossover section between Adventureland and Frontierland.

 
On May 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Matthew Hansen said...

Elaine - Thank you so much! That's what I was trying for. So glad you like it!

Dave - Thank you! I thought you might like this, if for no other reason than your affinity to elk antlers. ;)