September 28, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - On the River in Autumn


The Rivers of America really start to glow during the fall. As the sun makes its way to the west and drops late in the year, a golden glow reflects off of the waters in a real magical way. The leaves begin to turn just enough to remind local Californian's there is such a thing as autumn. I was able to barely catch the Mark Twain a few weeks ago as it passed quickly by the Sailing Ship Columbia. It is truly remarkable to see the size of these boats next to each other, and then to realize the enormity of the tree in the center of the frame. It dwarfs the masts and doesn't even fit within the composition. For me, it's the authenticity of theses rivers that pull me in every time. Walt sure knew what he was doing when he saved those trees.

Disneyland - Rivers of America
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On September 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful words, as always. It's incredible to compare the size of the trees to the boats. Admittedly, I don't know if I would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed that out, so I'm really glad that you did. Noticing and appreciating the amazing height of the trees brings a really humbling and peaceful feeling. I recently moved to NorCal in the middle of the redwood forest. I've finally obtained a map and I'm overjoyed that I can finally start walking everywhere and enjoying my surroundings (I've been taking the bus for the fear of getting lost, but now I'm fine with getting a little lost along the way). Walking in the midst of the giant redwoods, it's nearly impossible not to marvel at their impressive height and simply gaze in awe at the thought that many of the trees are hundreds of years old. Again, such a humbling and peaceful feeling. Thanks for sharing. :)