October 5, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Twinkling Tabebuia Tree


It's strange how quickly time flies. At least that's what age tells me. I've resolved myself to thinking that the older you get the quicker it goes. This photo was taken over two years ago now. It's hard to think it's been that long. It was the very first night the three of us, with our hair-brained idea, rushed to the park after work to take pictures. It was the night that started everything and I remember it like it was yesterday. There are very few moments in my life like these. Moments that I remember even the slightest details. As I was going through my photos deciding what to post tonight, I came across this one and was flooded with memories of this night. It may just be a tabebuia tree for some, but for me it is a reminder of an incredible evening collaborating with two very important people in my life. How quickly it seemed to pass. I am once again reminded how important it is to cherish the time I have with the people that mean the most to me in life. Time has no regard for future plans. You can't put it on hold until all your dreams come true and everything is in place. You can't live your life thinking, after everything is said and done then I can truly live. Value this very moment, because you will never again get it back.

Twinkling Tabebuia Trees around the Partners Statue on Main Street - Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (4)

On October 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Michael in Phoenix said...

A very wise mentor pointed out to me that life happens "in the moment". The past is, by definition, "gone past". Memories are precious, but they are only thoughts. The future hasn't happened yet. You can't live there! But now, in this very moment, life is happening. It should be savored, relished and held very, very dear.

Thank you for a beautiful reminder, Michaela. It is appreciated greatly!

 
On October 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM , LynneAnne said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful memory and such a great sentiment. I needed this today. Also as a devoted follower of your page thanks for all of the great and beautiful moments you share with us.

 
On October 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Kasey said...

Very well said. Thank you for that and the beauty you share with us all!

 
On October 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM , EMO said...

I have this pinned up by my desk:
"You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by. Yes, but some of them are gold because we let them slip." -J.M. Barrie