October 7, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - There's No Place Like Home


Disneyland always seems different on a cloudy day. The already transporting ambiance takes a new direction. I'm fond of cabins, so this one in Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland is a nifty spot for me. The looming dark clouds overhead, for some reason or another involving random synapses of the brain, make me think of Kansas before the tornado spirals in to sweep Dorothy and her dog to a place that isn't, a place called Oz. That idea is what I hoped to convey with this image. Flying monkeys not included.

There's No Place Like Home - Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland on a cloudy day at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On October 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Charla said...

The image in haunting in a beautiful way.

 
On October 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Terry said...

It's so amazing when you get such a great shot and there isn't anyone else in the picture!The three of you must have an abundance of patience. Funny how this particular photo can evoke different feelings about it. Because of the clouds and grey sky, you think of Dorothy and tornados. I love it! When I see it, I think of a cozy homestead and being curled up in a big soft chair in front of a fireplace with a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Marshmallows included.