November 28, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Christmas in the Air


As simple as the singular Christmas wreath adornment of the Carthay Circle Restaurant appears, I find it strikes those notes of refinement and elegance that so saturate DCA's "castle". The tower does such a noble job of hoisting that wreath high above Buena Vista Street for all to see. It causes me to stop and reflect on my own efforts. If something so simple can be so effective, why do I feel the need to surpass simple? Ah well, sounds like a resolution is trying to creep in before the new year!

Christmas in the Air - Carthay tower on Buena Vista Street
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On November 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM , Joey James said...

I love how much your posts make me consider life and living. It's a great part of this blog. I attribute a whopping %30 of my love for you guys to your photo captions. Please don't ever stop doing them :)