November 4, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Hope for the Holidays


It used to be that the rush from one holiday to the next would frustrate me but it seems that there's no avoiding it anymore. And honestly, I'm ready for Christmas. Changes in life are like a snowball rolling down a hill, gathering mass and momentum. There's no use in trying to stop change. You'll only end up cold and soggy.

The holidays always bring about this renewed sense of hopefulness and optimism. Not for things. Sales may abound but we all know deep down that stuff doesn't matter. What matters are the people around us in this vast world. The hope we feel this time of year is that which eagerly anticipates that people will be better, that we will be better, that patience, kindness and compassion would increase. These are the things that have the power to make life brighter.

That's the sort of thing I always think about when I'm at Disneyland during the holidays, especially in this spot. Walt was just a man but I think we can all agree that he made it a little easier to hope for the good in people and to dream the impossible. I'm ready for Christmas this year. I'm ready to make amazing memories with family and friends. I'm ready to see how I can be a blessing to others. I'm ready for change and I'm hopeful.

Hope for the Holidays - Partners, Walt and Mickey in front of the Disneyland Castle at Christmas Time
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On November 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Joey James said...

I couldn't agree more. Heaven knows where Christmas Spirit goes, but it promptly returns each year, and I am one of the most excited when it does. Great picture. I can't wait for what's to come.

 
On November 6, 2012 at 3:26 AM , London accountant said...

Nice to see such a hopeful outlook after I've been around so many worried fathers and mothers wondering what they will buy this year and how to elbow their way through the sales and generally getting really stressed!