February 24, 2013

Daily Photo Tour - Path to the Grand Gardens


I love everything about the Grand Californian Hotel. From the decor to the architecture to the landscaping, it is imbued with a Disney interpreted Arts and Crafts vibe. When I think of the Grand, I think of strength and peace. Something about those clean lines and 'natural' materials seem to give one permission to take a deep breath. If you're lucky enough, you may even find a rocking chair near the gardens to take it in, which is exactly where Michaela and I were headed as I stopped to take this picture. As we walked through this archway, the cares of the world faded.

Path to the Grand Gardens - Grand Californian Hotel at the Disneyland Resort
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On February 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM , Cory Gross said...

The Grand Californian is a lovely piece of architecture. I enjoy studying Disney hotels, room decor and facades because they are such tidy summaries of styles like Arts and Crafts/National Parks Rustic. Of course, being around the Grand Californian really works best to make me long for the actual parks and their hotels, like spending a serene evening at Lake Macdonald Lodge in Glacier in Montana ^_^