May 28, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - The Haunted Mansion


One of the things that has always stood out in my mind about the Haunted Mansion is that Walt wanted the outside to look well kept. I believe his main concern was the overall appearance of Disneyland yet the almost charming exterior of the Mansion also serves another purpose, intensifying the experience inside. Potential riders are less likely to question entering a house that hasn't fallen into disrepair. Once the elevator doors open, however, followed shortly by the monotone behest to drag your body to the dead center of the room, it's a whole different ball game. I have to admit, I am one of those people that recites the monologue in the elevator along with the "ghost host."

The Haunted Mansion during the day in New Orleans Square, DisneylandPhoto by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On May 28, 2010 at 7:13 AM , Unknown said...

Nice Matt! I was waiting for this one; it's one of my favorite spots in Disneyland.. I always want to linger when walking by..