July 9, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - The Beast's Library


I remember the first time I saw Beauty and the Beast. I was 5, and I was with my Aunt Ellen. I don't know why but for some reason seeing this movie sticks out in my mind. I specifically remember the opening shot in the forest peering through the trees into the castle. For some reason this is ingrained into my mind. There must be something subliminally stuck in my brain about this movie. After many years, during Halloween in the 3rd grade, I decided to be the beast. I couldn't have been more excited. Although, a little embarrassing now that I look back on it, it was one of my better kid costumes. The Beast's Library is located in the Disney Animation building in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot at California Adventure. I did not know this. You have to walk down to the Sorcerer's Workshop, a handicap looking walkway that dives below the floor. When I first entered the room, I literally felt like I was immersed in the movie. It was pretty surreal. If you look closely, you can see on the mantle that they even have the rose. Pretty authentic in my opinion.

Beauty and the Beast Library at Disney California AdventurePhoto by Kevin Crone

Comments (0)