July 14, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Waves of Color


I had no idea what to expect when we brought our cameras to shoot pictures of World of Color. Because an HDR image is a composite, it's much easier for editing to take pictures of objects that don't move much, if at all. World of Color is constantly moving and changing, particularly in light levels. So I decided to take my best guess for camera settings and just keep shooting. After all, something had to turn out. To my surprise and delight, it went very well. Taking multiple pictures and combining them created a much more true to life result than a single image could. The show is truly breathtaking, and if you haven't had a chance to see it yet you are in for a real treat. Just make sure to get your Fast Pass for it early in the morning for the best view!

World of Color at Disney California AdventurePhoto by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On July 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Beverly said...

I have never seen such beautiful pictures. I don't begin to understand the HDR pictures, but you seem to have it conquered. I came here because Marcia from http://blessedmomssimplehome.blogspot.com/ showed some of your pictures. I am glad I did.

 
On July 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Simple Home said...

As Beverly said, I posted some of your photos. They are so beautiful. I'm sure everyone will enjoy them as much as I have.
Blessings,
Marcia

 
On July 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Marcia for sharing us with your readers. We really appreciate it. And thank you Beverly for your kind words. It really blesses us to share these pictures with people and have them well received. We're glad you came. Hope you enjoy!