September 10, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Water Off a Grizzly's Back


I have to admit, I'm a sucker for waterfalls. Whenever I visit California Adventure, I consistently find myself driven to Grizzly Peak. The only tough part is deciding which side of the peak to take in. You can't go wrong with either!

A lot of waterfall shots use a slower shutter speed to get the silky smooth look of flowing water. I love those types of shots, but I thought it would also be cool to freeze that motion for this shot. The texture from freezing the water's motion has a more rugged feel, which seems to suit the Golden State area of California Adventure.

Grizzly Peak waterfall at Disney California Adventure
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On September 11, 2010 at 6:47 AM , Anonymous said...

WOW - This is Fantastic - Nice job!

 
On September 11, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thank you very much!

 
On August 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Unknown said...

Nice photo you forgot an R in Grizzly's Back