November 15, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - Sailing Fantasmic


BOOM!.....The Sailing Ship Columbia lights up. Everyone's eyes are locked on the boat and the fight between Peter Pan and Captain Hook quickly ensues. This is my favorite moment from Fantasmic, and for me is the most dramatic. I love the "Whoa's" and the "Ohhhh's" from the crowd every time. They never get old, and neither does this beautiful ship. This was taken on the day of Disneyland's 55th Anniversary. The gang and I, Matt and Michaela, had spent a great day with Matt's mother and his sister. We stopped to catch Fantasmic. I was having my usual photo attack, but couldn't get anything worth while as I did not have my tripod with me. So I high tailed it towards the area where they dock the Sailing Ship Columbia. I set the camera down on one of the columns that comes up from the water. I snapped a few shots, hoping to capture some cool Fantasmic moments..... And then BOOM! In the distance I hear the first cannon from the ship. I had placed myself in perfect territory for when the boat made its way around the bend. I was totally surprised. Probably one of the first shots I have taken completely on the fly that has turned out to be decent. Hope you enjoy!

Sailing Ship Columbia during the night show Fantasmic! at DisneylandPhoto by Kevin Crone

Comments (4)

On November 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Kelly Anderson said...

That is beautiful!! That has always been my favorite Fantasmic moment too. I still hope to catch you guys sometime in the park.

 
On November 18, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Your fav moment too? Awesome! Thats so cool. Let us know next time your at the park.

 
On November 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Kelly Anderson said...

I hope I can get back there soon. I actually just moved to Florida so I experienced WDW for the first time. I was severely disappointed that the Fantasmic here did not have the pirate ship.

 
On November 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Boo! No Pirate Ship! Still haven't been to WDW. :( I bet it's amazing.