March 22, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Enchanted Tiki


I wish Adventureland was bigger. I wish that there was some new attraction opening here next year that I could look forward to. I wish there was more room to expand Adventureland. Hey, I can wish can't I? And why you ask? Why the infatuation with Adventureland? Maybe its the color green that I love. Or the fact that Adventureland contains two of Walt Disney's original Disneyland attractions, and one of the most dynamic dark rides ever created (Insert: Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, here). Whatever it is, I love it. And like any normal human being, when I love something, I want more of it. More Adventureland please!

Disneyland - Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (9)

On March 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM , Anonymous said...

Fantastic shout has alway KEVIN The Enchanted Tiki Room The best that I say when I was there in 1995 for the 40th follow by the new ride INDIANA You have one super good EYE for detail in that shout with that FLAME of FIRE wow. Thank You for sharing with all of us.

P.S. It has been added to my collection of background photo to my computer.

Andre R. MICKEY Lambert (facebook)

 
On March 23, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous said...

Fantastic job capturing the flame and the spirit of Adventureland in one frame. Really great processing too.

Mike (Hot Sauce 1)

 
On March 24, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Kevin Crone said...

@ Andre...Hey! Thank you Andre!Yes, the flame is intense!

@ Mike...Thanks, that flame was a tricky guy...lol.

 
On March 26, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Jennie said...

WOW! Spectacular.

 
On March 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Thanks Jennie. I've been waiting to finish this one. :)

 
On March 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Showed this one to my 7 year old, and he immediately asked, "How come the rope doesn't burn?" To which I had not scientifical response, so I just told him it was all part of the Disneyland magic!
-Sean

 
On March 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Kevin Crone said...

That's a great answer! :)

 
On April 15, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Unknown said...

Beautiful shot, Kevin. Is the flame from one of the exposures? Did a ghosting algorithm address it or some good work in Photoshop or a little of both?

 
On April 20, 2011 at 1:29 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Hey Dirk,
The flame is from one of the exposures. This shot is actually only two exposures, and the flame is from the more under exposed of the two. No work in photoshop. Just some deghosting in Photomatix! But as you've mentioned, the same could be done in photoshop very easily! :)