March 21, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Plaza Gardens Stage


On any given day at Disneyland, the air may carry to your ear a tune from the Plaza Gardens Stage. That melody may come from a choir, an orchestra, or a jumpin' swing band. It's a unique facet of the park and the Plaza Gardens Stage has an incredibly rich history. Musicians the likes of Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Artie Shaw, Harry James & Benny Goodman have graced this venue. All within a hop, skip and a jump from Sleeping Beauty Castle. Can you imagine anything more magical?

Disneyland - Plaza Gardens Stage
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On March 27, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Christy said...

Thank you so much for this photo! My freshman year of college my choir, Bel Canto, sang on that stage for Music Days... it was a day that I will never forget! Looking at this photo it takes me right back to that day. Amazing as always you guys (and gal)!

 
On April 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

You're welcome Christy. Thank you! I bet that was a lot of fun. I would have loved to do something like that.

 
On March 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Joe W said...

Great shot of something a majority of guests pass by without a second glance. I was a drummer in a stage band that played "the plaza" in June of '73. The biggest moment of my young life. My love of music expressed while performing in my favorite place on earth. A ride on an electric cart with my drum set through Disneyland's backstage was the topper on the day I will always remember. Thanks so much for the picture, and this site.