March 30, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Inspiration on Main Street


As a photographer, it's always important to be inspired. Everyday I try to find something that tickles my fancy. I mean, I can't go to Disneyland every day, so sometimes it's difficult to find inspiration. But usually it comes in the form of some type of media, music, or mood I'm having. I'm a big fan of atmosphere and mood, and somehow relating the two in the form of a photograph. I love seeing a picture I haven't taken, and from it being able to be transported to that exact time. I wasn't there when the photograph was taken. I didn't experience the feelings that photographer felt as he or she pressed the shutter. But, because of my past experiences and the mood or tone presented, I can have an emotion and relate with someone I have never met. This is the power of the picture. We can have a relational connection with someone whom we don't know. I never realized why I liked certain pictures more than others until recently. When I view a picture, and it is presented how I see it, I get the feeling of being there all over again, and then there is an attachment, and I think, "Oh wow, they see it the way I do too." And that is something very special.

Disneyland - Main Street U.S.A. Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (3)

On March 31, 2011 at 2:52 AM , Anonymous said...

Oh yes I like what you say and it's truth the felling you get when you take the shout and see it after awesome. And now with DIGITAL you can see it right away not like in the past where you had to wait 1 or 2 days to see the shout. HAS USUAL (KEVIN) Super cool shout.

Andre R MICKEY Lambert (FACEBOOK)

 
On March 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Yes! I couldn't imagine waiting to see some of my images. But, the suspense would probably be entertaining in some way. Thanks Andre! Always love to hear your comments!

 
On June 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM , Larry Graham said...

That's absolute true, the way we take pictures or draw paintings is the way we see the world. It is fantastic to see a photo and think: "That's exactly the same position I would use to take a pic" and these images become our favorite. These make us feel closer to the photographer and to see how they view reality.