March 31, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Space Between


I don't know if you would call this a nook or a cranny but this spot in New Orleans Square really caught my eye. It's the space between the Pieces of Eight shop and the Nightmare Before Christmas store and certainly somewhere I've overlooked on many a trip to Disneyland. It was a gloomy day and something about that atmosphere really brought the faded bricks to life. I spent a good chunk of time taking it in. Sometimes I wonder what people must think when they see me staring into a corner.

Disneyland - New Orleans Square

Disneyland - New Orleans Square
Photos by Matthew Hansen

Comments (6)

On April 1, 2011 at 2:09 PM , yes i can do that said...

What do you suppose is behind the painted placard right below the 21 Royal marker?

 
On April 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

I'm not sure. That was brought up on our Facebook page as well and the idea of a doorbell was mentioned. I prefer to think it's a booby trap like one of those holes in the wall from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where you have to stick your hand in at the risk of losing it to gain access or escape from something. Hence the reason it's covered, because that is definitely an insurance liability. :)

 
On April 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Unknown said...

I really Like it in Black in white!! Well done:)

 
On April 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Danielle! :)

 
On April 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous said...

Love that you posted in color and in black and white - Great shot!

 
On April 23, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Marie said...

Great shot showing another example of the little details you can find all over the park. I love architectural elements so Disneyland is always a treasure trove for me. While you were probably more focused in on the 21 Royal Marker and what's behind the mystery panel I was drawn to the drainage channel. Love the way it meanders along the wall and blends in with the building. I especially like the connection that looks like a big old funnel. Thanks for sharing!