May 23, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Colors of Mary Blair


The first place we stop every time we enter the park is The Disney Gallery. The amazing work of all the incredibly talented artists featured in the Gallery are inspiring to say the least. This month they opened a new exhibit featuring artist Mary Blair. She was the first woman to be honored as a Disney Legend in 1991. Her art is very unique and truly exquisite. If you haven't already had the opportunity to see it, I strongly suggest you do!

Disneyland - The Disney Gallery
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (6)

On May 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous said...

LOVE the work of Mary Blair! Thanks for the info and for the great picture! Framed very nicely and the colors are great!

 
On May 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous said...

Thank you!

 
On May 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Mike Greening said...

Michaela,
This on is just stunning. The lighting and color are delightful.
I'm going to be at Disneyland this Wednesday through Friday morning. Any chance you will be there?

Mike Greening

 
On May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

Thank you! We're typically only able to make it to the park on the weekends because of work. If you're ever in the park on the weekend, let us know!

 
On June 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Anonymous said...

I hope they have this exhibit for a while, since I won't be making it to Disneyland anytime soon (enter sad face here). I LOVE the work of Mary Blair and I can actually remember seeing her Tomorrowland tile murals when I was a little girl. Her work really brings back some memories for me!

Becky Schroder

 
On June 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous said...

I wish I could've seen the Tomorrowland murals. I Love her work. Truly inspirational!