May 7, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Steam Engine No. 5


From a child, I have loved tunnels. There was just something extraordinary about them. Traveling into the mysterious unknown gives you such a sense of freedom and I think that really fed the wonder and curiosity of childhood for me. This shot is one I have wanted to get for a long time, a train in the New Orleans Station at night, lighting the tunnel behind the Haunted Mansion. I sat at the station for a while on the night that I took this just enjoying the trains come and go, listening to the voice come through the speaker, "The Disneyland Limited now approaching..." The Disneyland Railroad is still one of my favorite parts of Disneyland. I love seeing it when I approach the entrance, walking under it through that magical tunnel to Main Street U.S.A., and riding it for a grand circle tour of Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom.

The Disneyland Railroad - Ward Kimball
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On May 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Anonymous said...

This is a FANTASTIC picture! What a great shot - it's like you are standing right beside it. Don't know how you got this shot - but WOW!! And as I read your words, I could hear that voice "The Disneyland Limited" how fun!! Thank you!

 
On May 11, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thank you! I wish I could've stood right beside it longer to take some more pictures, but they have a schedule to keep!

 
On May 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM , Jennie said...

This is a spectacular shot.