June 28, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Whenever Candlelights Flicker


The details of Disneyland are what really makes it extraordinary. I think it's the secret to Disneyland's ability to immerse guests and it inspires me. I love trying to notice something new each time we're at the Park because I'm convinced no matter how hard I look or how many times I go, there will always be something unique to discover. I get a lot of enjoyment from taking pictures of these details as well, because the looks we get from passersby are wonderfully entertaining. Kevin was once taking a picture of a light in the exit to Indiana Jones, which drew some looks, but it also prompted a girl to shout "It's just a light!" There's something rewarding to noticing the details - a richer experience. How would you get chills from ghostly inhabitants if you didn't stop to observe the staccato flickering of candlelights or listen for the gently piercing creak of old, neglected hinges? So here is my offering to you today, just a light. Is the air deathly still?


Candellights flicker in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On June 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Alisha said...

Oooh, awesome photo! I love how crisp it is and that you can see every little detail. :)

 
On July 1, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Alisha! :)