August 30, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Hidden Mill


While walking through the Disneyland Resort with my camera I'm always looking for two things, light and unique angles. It just makes me very happy to find a unique perspective on the parks. On an evening a little over a year ago we stopped near The Grizzly River Mill, on the trail that sneaks through the back side of the ride. I had never looked at the Mill from this angle and thought it was really cool to actually see the structure through the tree's and the grass. I'm a sucker for foliage. I don't get to see it much while living in the lush vegetated terrain of the desert. So when it finds its way around an awesome Disney attraction, I gotta make it work!

Disney California Adventure - The Grizzly River Mill
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (4)

On August 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Alisha said...

I love it! I'll always have a soft spot for that place in DCA because I found out through a trivia game on Twitter that it's a Pelton wheel, which was patented in 1878. LOL.

 
On August 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Kevin Crone said...

No way! Did not know that! Is it an original!?

 
On August 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM , Amber said...

This is a beautiful shot. I grew up in an area with many abandoned sawmill sites. You really captured the feeling of tramping through the woods and happening on one.

 
On August 31, 2011 at 1:38 PM , Kevin Crone said...

Oh wow. Right on! Glad you enjoyed the scene! :)