August 24, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - A New Entrance for Disney California Adventure


Being fairly attached to the original, I was skeptical about the new entrance to Disney California Adventure. After seeing the concept art, which featured an elegant, classic design, my concerns were lifted. Seeing the California letters come down and the construction walls go up was still a little difficult but we watched the progress, week after week. It wasn't long before the structure was there, standing at the edge of welcoming its first guests. There is still work to be done on the overall concept for DCA's remodeled entrance, but these turnstiles have won me over.

A New Entrance for Disney California Adventure
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (6)

On August 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Alisha said...

I love the new entrance. Great photo!

 
On August 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

What a beautiful picture postcard shot!!!

Your newest follower,
Debs @Focused on the Magic

 
On August 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Leah said...

This is unbelievable: I was just at Disneyland last night after the park closed, staring at the California Adventure gates, and deciding that I liked the Machine-Age-Art-Deco style better than the original Disneyland gates and I was hoping that one of you excellent photographers would take a picture, for me, so that I could put it on my desktop. Thank you so very much, I love it, and if you ever get a chance, maybe take it at night!

 
On August 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thank you all so much! We will definitely get some night shots too!

 
On September 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM , Kelly Anderson said...

Beautiful photo, but I gotta say after never seeing the new entrance, I'm sad now. I much prefer the old one. This one looks almost exactly like the entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios in WDW. Maybe that's why I don't like it as much. I will always miss the Golden Gate Bridge. At least you guys make it look the best it can be!

 
On February 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous said...

What a wonderful choice for the new entrance! It's an homage to L.A.'s historic Pan Pacific Auditorium, which was destroyed by fire in 1989. Here's a link to its Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Pacific_Auditorium