September 9, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Good-bye Sleeping Beauty Castle



Every time I leave Disneyland, I have to get a glimpse of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It doesn't matter from which land we leave for the end of the night, any angle, any glimpse is enough to send me home with wishes for my next trip back to Disneyland. More often then not I find myself exiting Disneyland through Adventureland and then wrapping around down Main Street. Right after exiting Adventureland the castle is visible from this angle. It's almost as if the Castle is saying, "Good-bye friend, see you again next time." Then as I keep walking towards Main Street it slowly tucks itself behind the trees that surround the hub, for a long night's sleep. I won't lie, I still peek over my shoulder about halfway down Main Street just to make sure it's still there.



Disneyland - Sleeping Beauty Castle
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (2)

On September 10, 2011 at 6:31 PM , 400 Miles to Disneyland said...

Beautiful glimpse! I do almost the same thing, take one last look before I head out. Doesn't matter how many times I go, I still get sad leaving at the end of the day.

 
On September 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM , LynneAnne said...

We always say "Goodbye to the Castle" before we leave the park for the last time. I love the mood at the end of the night and the slower melancholy music playing there and on Main Street. It's always bittersweet.